|American Printmakers On-line Catalogue Raisonné Project
Home || About APOCRP || Contact Us || Search the Site
|Copyright and Fair Use||
American Printmakers On-line
Catalogue Raisonné Project
Copyright and Fair Use
Text and image files, and other content on this website (including, but not limited to, The Prints of Ernest Fiene A Catalogue Raisonné and The Prints of Luis Quintanilla A Catalogue Raisonné) are the property of Jeffrey Coven and may be protected by copyright and other restrictions as well. Copyrights and other proprietary rights in the content of this website may also be owned by individuals and entities other than, and in addition to, Jeffrey Coven. Copying of any protected materials on this website is prohibited, except for the purposes of fair use as defined in the copyright law, and as described below.
Fair use of copyrighted material includes the use of protected materials for non-commercial educational purposes, such as teaching, scholarship, research, criticism, commentary, and news reporting. Unless otherwise noted, users who wish to download or print text and image files from this website for such uses may do so without the express permission of Jeffrey Coven, provided that they comply with the following conditions:
1. The content may only be used for personal, educational or noncommercial purposes. Users must cite the author and source of the content as they would material from any printed work.
2. A full citation should include, in an acceptable scholarly format, the name of the author of the catalogue, the name of the catalogue, the name of the website (American Printmakers On-line Catalogue Raisonné Project), the web address (URL) of the page from which the information comes, and the copyright information present on that page). If the reference appears on a website instead of in a conventional print medium, an actual link to this website would be appreciated.
3. A shorthand reference to a particular print should include its title, the artist's name, and, in parentheses, the catalogue raisonné author's last name with the catalogue raisonné number for that print: for example, New Snow by Ernest Fiene (Coven 87). None of the content may be altered or modified.
4. Users must comply with all other terms or restrictions which may be applicable to the individual file, image or text. Reproducing the catalogue as a whole, any of its layout features with content included, its title (except for purposes of reference), or any of the elements fundamentally associated with its identity is strictly prohibited.
5. It should be further noted that use of any image from this website under any circumstance may require permission from a third party who maintains certain rights with regard to that image.
By downloading, printing, or otherwise using text and image files from this website, users agree and warrant that they will limit their use of such files to fair use and will comply with all other terms and conditions of this license, and will not violate the rights of Jeffrey Coven, the American Printmakers On-line Catalogue Raisonné Project, or any other person or entity. Jeffrey Coven and the American Printmakers On-line Catalogue Raisonné Project do not warrant that use of the text, images and content displayed on this website will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Jeffrey Coven and the American Printmakers On-line Catalogue Raisonné Project; or will not infringe upon the rights of third parties who may be affiliated with Jeffrey Coven and the American Printmakers On-line Catalogue Raisonné Project.
Restrictions with Regard to Commercial Use
Unauthorized commercial publication or exploitation of text, images or content of this website is specifically prohibited. Anyone wishing to use any of these files or images for commercial use, publication, or any purpose other than fair use as defined by law, must request and receive prior written permission from Jeffrey Coven. In the case of images of artworks, permission must also be granted by the legal representatives of the estate of the artist who created the work. Permission for such use is granted on a case-by-case basis by Jeffrey Coven or his surrogate and/or by the legal representatives of the estates of artists whose works appear on this website and who retain copyright of the images of the artist they represent. To begin the permission request process, a detailed description of your project should be sent to Jeffrey Coven at firstname.lastname@example.org. A usage fee may be assessed depending on the type and nature of the proposed use.
The text, images and content on the website are provided “as is” without a warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, and/or non-infringement.
Jeffrey Coven and the American Printmakers On-line Catalogue Raisonné Project assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damage to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your use of this website or your downloading of any text, images or content from this website.
Links to Third Party Websites
Some pages of this website contain links to third party websites. The linked sites are not under the control of Jeffrey Coven or the American Printmakers On-line Catalogue Raisonné Project and neither of the aforementioned is responsible for the contents of any linked website. These links are provided as a convenience only and shall not be construed as an endorsement of, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the linked website by Jeffrey Coven and the American Printmakers On-line Catalogue Raisonné Project.
For permission to reproduce or use the materials on this website for other than educational, non-profit and fair use purposes, please direct requests to Jeffrey Coven, Director, American Printmakers On-line Catalogue Raisonné Project, at email@example.com.
Credits for images reproduced on this website
In most cases, works of art reproduced on this website are from private collections from which permission for reproduction has been granted, but by agreement no specific credit is given. In other cases, credit is given to a specific party at the point where the image appears.
Portions of the above have been borrowed with permission from the website of the Smithsonian Archives of American Art. (http://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/copyright.cfm)
|Copyright and Fair Use|
|This page last revised: